We are looking for talented Information Technology technicians to provide technical support, maintain computer systems, and teach our clients the basic skills they need to operate newly installed programs.
Diagnose computer problems, monitor computer processing systems, install software and perform tests on computer equipment and programs. Technicians may also set up computer equipment, schedule maintenance and teach clients to use programs. Other job duties can include minor repairs and computer parts ordering.
Is required to have a strong knowledge of computers and how they operate, which includes having a broad understanding of hardware and software, operating systems and basic computer programming. Familiarity with electronic equipment, Internet applications and security is also required. Technicians may also need good communication skills since this position requires frequent interaction with clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
– Document and Maintain up to date Helpdesk Support Ticket System.
– Maintain, Upgrade or Replace hardware and software systems.
– Communicate on-site with customers.
– Ability to manage own time based on assignments.
– Work independently with little direction.
– Troubleshoot issues onsite as needed.
– Manage corporate and project resources effectively.
– When not deploying, be a member of the support team.
– Able to read and follow instructions.
– Meet stringent schedules and time lines.
– Exhibit flexibility with work hours during software testing, maintenance and implementation.
– Responsible for the installation of low voltage cables (Ethernet, Audio, Video, etc). and assist with the installation of associated field devices and components. Some industry experience (construction, wiring, electrical, maintenance, etc.) and a willingness to learn is required.
– Provide daily progress updates.
– Maintain progress notes on work instruction forms.
– Verify network connectivity from server to devices/client workstation(s).
– Configure server following the specified instructions.
– Configure client machine(s) with default views.
– Out in the field around the RTP Triangle. No Out of State travel.
– Majority of projects are deployed MON-FRI. There are exceptions where work is needed during the weekends.
– Customer-friendly attitude. Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
– Strong communication skills (verbal and written) a must!
– Ability to work with multiple groups of people to attain information.
– Technical aptitude with computers/servers in a Windows environment.
– A+/Network+ certification a plus.
– Valid Driver’s License.
– Candidates must be willing to be subjected to a background check.
– Candidate needs to reside within the RTP Triangle area in North Carolina.
– Full-Time or Part-Time